Card Eligibility and Registration
A library card should be applied for at least 30 minutes before the closing of the Library.
Youth under 16 years of age must have the permission of their parent or guardian.
To register for a library card, a Dracut resident needs to:
- Present a current valid driver’s license with a current Dracut address OR a current valid government issued photo ID with a current Dracut address
If neither a driver’s license or a government-issued photo ID with a current Dracut address can be presented:
- Present a current valid driver’s license OR a government-issued photo ID AND present one of the following with a current Dracut address:
- property tax bill
- car registration
- excise tax bill
- renter’s lease
- utility bill
- postmarked mail
Out of State Patrons
Patrons living out of state may apply for a Local Use Only card. A Local Use Only card will allow a patron to borrow materials and Museum Passes from the Parker Memorial Library only. Requests for items from other libraries cannot be filled.
Current valid ID/driver’s license with current address listed OR current valid ID/driver’s license AND proof of residence is required (see above for items accepted as proof of residence).
Massachusetts residents have access to ebooks through the Boston Public Library. You may apply for a card through this link.
If a Parker Memorial Library card is lost, a patron may apply for a new card by showing valid identification, paying a non-refundable replacement fee, and clearing any existing fines on their account.
To borrow materials or access their account in Dracut, residents of Dracut or other Merrimack Valley Library Consortium (MVLC) communities need to:
- Provide a library card from their city or town of residence
- Present a valid driver’s license with current address OR a current valid government-issued ID with a current address
- Children who do not have their library card may not check out materials
- The Library assumes that the person using a library card is the owner of that card or has the permission of the owner to use the card
Material Borrowing Period, Borrowing Limit, and Renewals
|Material||Borrowing Period||Borrowing Limit||Renewals|
|Print Books||3 weeks||Unlimited**||Twice|
|Music CDs||3 weeks||Unlimited||Twice|
|HOT DVDs||3 days||3 per patron||No|
|Binge Boxes||2 weeks||2 per family||No|
|Video Games||2 weeks||Unlimited||No|
|Civics & Citizen Toolkit||3 weeks||1 per family||Twice|
|Library of Things Items||2 weeks||2 different items with the exception of Cakepans & Launchpads||No|
**We ask that patrons check out only a reasonable number of Non-Fiction books on a single subject at one time. The Library reserves the right to limit items to three books per subject for school projects. After the 9 week borrowing period a returned item must be shelved before being taken out again. It must remain on the shelf for 24 hours before being taken out by the patron that just returned the item. An item is only renewable if no holds exist on the item.