The Friends of the Dracut Public Library (FOL) is an independent, nonprofit organization of civic-minded volunteers. We support the Parker Memorial Library by promoting library awareness, providing needed un-budgeted items such as programming through fundraising, and participating in literacy programs.
We are library users who know what a wonderful resource we have in the Parker Memorial Library. We believe the library is important.
What We Do
- Our major fundraiser is the annual book sale. The book sale, which has become a notable community event, promotes literacy by getting affordable books into homes.
- The Book Nook, open year round on the 1st floor of the library, sells previously owned books at affordable prices. The book store is open to the general public.
- The FOL also runs a “Holiday Auction” and a “Santa’s Letter” drive for children in the community.
- The FOL annually awards a scholarship for a worthy, college-bound student. Download a Friends of the Library Scholarship Form
- The Friends sponsor the Museum Pass program offering patrons free or discounted access to area museums, zoos, and other family activities.
Who We Are
Gretchen Mayall, President
John Hassan, Secretary
Friends Corporate Membership
The Friends of the Dracut Library look toward the community for support in order to continue offering varied programs and services and we invite you to become a Corporate Member.