The Friends of the Dracut Public Library (FOL) is an independent, nonprofit organization of civic-minded volunteers. We support the Parker Memorial Library by promoting library awareness, providing needed un-budgeted items such as programming through fundraising, and participating in literacy programs.
We are library users who know what a wonderful resource we have in the Parker Memorial Library. We believe the library is important.
What We Do
- Our major fundraiser is the annual book sale. The book sale, which has become a notable community event, promotes literacy by getting affordable books into homes.
- The Book Nook, open year round on the 1st floor of the library, sells previously owned books at affordable prices. The book store is open to the general public.
- The FOL also runs a “Fall Raffle.”
- The FOL annually awards a scholarship for a worthy, college-bound student. Download a Friends of the Library Scholarship Form
- The Friends sponsor the Museum Pass program offering patrons free or discounted access to area museums, zoos, and other family activities.
Who We Are
|Amy Spence, President||“I am excited to have the opportunity to serve as President of the Friends of The Library. The Dracut Library has always been my favorite place in town, and my family and I can often be found browsing the stacks or participating in library programs. I am currently working as a school librarian and in my free time I enjoy practicing yoga, participating in book clubs, hiking with friends, and taking classes.”|
|Amanda McAvoy, Secretary||“As a lifelong Dracut resident and former Dracut Library employee, I am excited to be working with this community again. For the past two years I have been at the Haverhill Public Library , but after graduating with my MLIS in December, I realized I really wanted to be involved in my hometown library again. I enjoy lots of reading in my free time, as well as playing fetch with my Boston Terrier and half-finishing embroidery projects.”|
|Sarah Chardo, Treasurer||“I moved to Dracut in 2015 with my husband and two young children. I joined the Dracut Library Writers Group shortly thereafter to connect with other local writers. I then became a regular volunteer at the Library, and now I’m happy to serve as the Friend’s Treasurer. I work part-time as a freelance writer, and I spend my free time riding horses, hiking, and dabbling in various arts and crafts. I look forward to engaging with more members of our community!”|
Please reach out to one of us with any questions that you have.
Check us out on social media!
Friends Corporate Membership
The Friends of the Dracut Library look toward the community for support in order to continue offering varied programs and services and we invite you to become a Corporate Member.