The Library remains closed, but starting June 8th, we are excited to begin Phase 1 of our re-opening plan.
We know that you’ve been clamoring for more books to read and listen to, magazines to browse, movies to watch, and music to listen to. We hope that our new Library Take-out service will help to keep you entertained while you’re still spending most of your time at home.
Library Take-Out is Easy!
- Place items on hold in the Library’s online catalog, or by calling us at 978-454-5474.
- We will notify you by phone or email when your items are available for pick-up.
- Once you have received notice, you need to call us to set up a pick-up time and get your bin number.
- Your take-out items will be placed in a bag and put in a numbered bin at the back of the library. You will drive up, following the signs, to retrieve your items.
- Take the items from the bin with the number you were given at the time of your phone reservation.
- Exit straight ahead, through the church parking lot onto Bridge Street.
How Do I Place An Order?
It’s easy! If you know what you want, login to our online catalog and make your request. If you’re not sure what you want, you can call the library and ask for suggestions, based on the kind of book you like to read, or topic that you are interested in, and a staff member will help you. Please note that Statewide Delivery Service among libraries (ILL) has not been restored at this time, so we are only able to lend you what is available at the Dracut Public Library.
Hours of Library Take-out Service
Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 12:00 pm, and 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm. (These hours may change due to rain, or as we access demand and community needs).
Please continue to return your items through the book drop in the front of the building.
If you would like help placing an order, or if you have questions about our Library Take-out service, please call us at 978-454-5474.
If you have questions about our phased return of services, please contact Library Director, Nanci Hill (978-454-5474, extension 301), or Assistant Library Director, Diane Annunziato (978-454-5474, extension 302).